Secret Shine - Official News - Shinees Flying High -

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2006
      Hi

      I write this on the eve of Secret Shine's first ever gig outside the
      UK. My
      bag is packed full of leads and effects pedals with just about room
      for a
      couple of t-shirts. Our other band Dreamscape played in Amsterdam
      once,
      supporting the God Machine but Secret Shine have never ventured
      outside
      British shores. I remember Sarah Records once dangling the carrot of
      possible gigs in Japan but then decided to take Blueboy with them
      instead...urrrgghhh. I'm not bitter ;) In case you don't know, we're
      flying
      to Denmark tomorrow to play Pop Revo in Aarhus. For this reason I
      have to
      make this message very brief (hurrah!).

      Anyway, if any of you are hanging out in Denmark, try and pop along
      to the
      show. There's tons of bands playing (and already played) including
      the BMX
      Bandits and Harper Lee. We're playing tomorrow at 11pm. Check out
      www.poprevo.dk for more information.

      Next Saturday (23rd) we're playing the Bristol Louisiana with July
      Skies
      and Aspen Woods. We'd love to get loads of people to this and promise
      great night! Hope you can make it.

      For those who haven't checked the website recently, our gig in
      Birmingham
      (20th Sept) with July Skies has been cancelled due to unforseen
      circumstances. Apart from playing with July Skies in Bristol, we hope
      hook up with them again later in the year in Leeds or Manchester.

      The new EP, `Beyond Sea and Sky' is ever more closer to release with
      2 of
      the 3 songs now mixed. This will again be a self-financed, produced,
      release on our Razorblade label. We will be playing the 3 new songs
      from
      this EP in Denmark and Bristol and hope to have it ready to take out
      to the
      States with us in October.

      And one final bit of information. We've added another date to our
      mini tour
      in the US. We will now be playing Union Hall in Brooklyn on Tuesday
      October
      10th.

      As I said, I'm keeping this brief but keep an eye on our website for
      more
      news and pics of us in Denmark.

      Take care

      Scott