Sonic Youth and ... Guns 'n' Roses?!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
      Sonic Youth are at it again with a new album, Sonic Nurse - check it
      out!

      Ok, now - don't laugh - in the US VH-1 is airing Behind The Music:
      Guns 'n' Roses on Monday, July 5th at 12:30pm, 10pm, and 12am, and
      Tuesday, July 6th at 11am, 7pm, and 11pm - all Eastern Standard Time;
      all days/times subject to change.
      I know, just what you were all waiting for!! I guess my 80's
      hair/metal band roots are showing...! ;)
      Jen
    • J. Herrero
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
          Thanks for the Sonic Youth info Joe! I happened to see them on Jay
          Leno a few days ago and those terminally cool cats put on a nice
          show - and it looks like they haven't aged a bit, physically or
          musically.
          The songs still meander at first with unhurried, eliptical melodies,
          and hushed Thurston talk-singing, but slowly + steadily the sound
          gets more ominous + tense, + then - Bam! - dissonant guitar chaos
          breaks out - actually controlled-chaos, because Thurston, Kim, +
          company are all masters of the guitar-frenzy craft.
          Kim, as ever, looked like a casually thrown-together, ironic fashion
          plate - in a retro-type flapper dress w/ gold and blue sequins (nicer
          than it sounds!), and Thurston was all buttoned-down shirt,
          disheveled hair cool.
          Sonic Youth were on the now-cancelled Lollapalooza tour, and they are
          now going to headline tour in various parts of US and Europe. Check
          the news + dates here:
          http://pitchforkmedia.com/news/04-06/30.shtml
          Jen

          --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "J. Herrero"