Actor and Actress Cameos in Music Videos.

    Message 1 of 7 , May 25, 2006
      Doing a total 180 from the previous topic of Musician Cameos in
      Movies and TV, I bring you Film and TV Performer Cameos in Music
      Videos! LOL Truth be told, this category had me racking my brain
      for a while, and I still can't come up with too many examples -
      especially ones that I really like - but here ya go:

      1. Christopher Walken in Weapon of Choice by Fatboy Slim and Bad
      Girl by Madonna. Top prize goes to Mr. Walken for his acrobatic
      dancing (and swooping around) in Fatboy Slim's video (directed by
      Spike Jonze) and his turn as a helpless guardian angel in Madonna's
      video.

      2. Winona Ryder in Debbie Gibson is Pregnant with my Two-Headed
      Love Child by Mojo Nixon and Let's Talk about the Blues by Jon
      Spencer Blues Explosion. Winona gets wacky (and be-wigged) as 80s
      teen pop-star Debbie Gibson in Mojo Nixon's video and gets wild and
      wigged out (and slow-mo'd), re-enacting the sharp moves of Jon
      Spencer in his video.

      3. Johnny Depp in Into the Great Wide Open by Tom Petty and The
      Heartbreakers and It's a Shame about Ray by The Lemonheads. Noni's
      ex-paramour broods, gets tattooed, broods some more, rides on a
      motorcycle, contiues to brood in Tom Petty's video and, well, I
      think Johnny does the brooding thing again for The Lemonheads, but
      I'm not sure now...

      4. Actors and director from Clerks in Can't Even Tell by Soul
      Asylum. Red Bank, NJ-native, director Kevin Smith (aka Silent
      Bob), "Jay", and the 2 clerks of aforementioned movie appear in this
      video, where the clerks battle against members of Soul Asylum in a
      street hockey game on a rooftop (roof-hockey?).

      5. Sadie Frost in Common People by Pulp. Ummm, is Sadie Frost one
      of the common people? Ummm...I think marriage and divorce to both
      Gary Kemp (Spandau Ballet) and Jude Law, owning her own clothing
      line, and being pals with the likes of Kate Moss lift her above the
      fray...

      6. Thomas Jane and Teri Hatcher in Turn the Lights Out when You
      Leave by Elton John (his foray into country-type music?). Thomas
      Jane (star of The Punisher, engaged to actress Patricia Arquette,
      Mickey Mantle in Billy Crystal-directed 61*, action hero of Deep
      Blue Sea, co-star in many a box-office dud - Dreamcatcher, Original
      Sin, The Sweetest Thing...; starring in upcoming film Killshot with
      Diane Lane...oh, which reminds me, there was some talk about Diane
      Lane in other threads, and remember her being in Streets of Fire in
      the early 80s; did she have a singing role by any chance? I forget
      now...) and Teri Hatcher (Wisteria Lane busy-body, Ryan Seacrest-
      heartbreaker, starred in Superman TV series with Dean Cain) play a
      seemingly unhappy married couple - and by the end of the video, Teri
      is walking on top of a picket fence and leaving poor Tom
      behind...*sniff*.

      7. Beatrice Dalle in Move to Memphis by a-ha. Sultry, seductive,
      bad-girl, French movie star Beatrice Dalle appears in this video by
      a-ha; I've only seen very brief clips of video, so I'm not sure
      exactly what goes on...

      8. Courteney Cox in Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen - I
      just remember seeing the video and all the fuss it kicked up - and
      Courtney's subsequent rise to "stardom", and it just brings back
      fond memories of the 80s...; not sure now if Courtney was a
      struggling actress or a complete unknown...

      9. Udo Kier (among others) in Deeper and Deeper by Madonna. Cult-
      movie fave freakmeister Udo Kier gets Sigmund Freud in Madonna's
      video as a father figure who stares bug-eyed and whispers to Maddie
      in a dance club - and then proceeds to cut the strings of her
      balloon...

      10. Do The Muppets count?! If so, The Muppets (Kermit the frog,
      Miss Piggy, Fozzie the bear, et al.) in Keep Fishin' by Weezer.
      Gotta love The Muppets! :)

      Other mentions at come to mind: Alicia Silverstone and Liv Tyler in
      Crazy by Aerosmith, Conan O'Brien in The Denial Twist by The White
      Stripes, Evan Rachel Woods and Jamie Bell in Wake Me Up When
      September Ends by Green Day, Vincet Gallo in 99 Problems by Jay-Z
      (and another video where he wears slinky-type shoes on his feet; I
      forget song and band), Elisha Cuthbert in Perfect Situation by
      Weezer, Claire Danes in Just Like Anyone by Soul Asylum, Sarah
      Michelle Gellar in Sour Girl by Stone Temple Pilots (love the song),
      Lou Taylor Pucci and uncredited Deborah Unger in Jesus of Suburbia
      epic by Green Day, Austin Powers aka Mike Meyers in Beautiful
      Stranger by Madonna, Alex McArthur and Danny Aiello in Papa Don't
      Preach by Madonna, and Sean Bean, Thora Birch, and Dominique Swain
      (among others) in We are All Made of Stars by Moby.

      Can anyone think of other performer cameos in music videos? Would
      love to hear of more examples (I didn't include any female or male
      fashion models - that's a whole list unto itself; but feel free to
      include if you want).

      Jen
    • Callihan
      Message 2 of 7 , May 25, 2006
        Nice idea, Jen.

        The Clerks cast/Soul Asylum, that's a great one. Sure would like to see it
        again.

        There was one a few years back by Superchunk (the title escapes me) that had
        Janeane Garofalo and David Cross satirizing music video pitch people.

        Milton Berle in a couple of Ratt videos.

        John Goodman in Talking Heads' "Wild Life".

        This buries the corny needle, but there were a lot of actors/comedians in
        that old "Ghostbusters" video.

        Think I'd better stop before cheese fills the screen up...

        Callihan

        Message 3 of 7 , May 28, 2006
          Hey Callihan - I don't have a problem with cheese - a nice slice of
          cheddar, with Wallace of Wallace & Gromit serving it, sounds mighty
          tasty right now (being as I wandered to the computer 1st before
          eating breakfast - LOL).

          Yeah, the Clerks/Soul Asylum one appeared unbidden in my mind a few
          days ago, even though it's been ages since I've seen that video. I
          think it's on the special edition DVD for Clerks, plus behind the
          scenes commentary.

          Wow, I didn't know about the Superchunk/Janeane Garofalo one. I have
          a feeling like she's probably been in other videos too...She's
          definitely a cameo queen for movies.

          Was Milton Berle in Ratt's Round and Round video? Was he the guy at
          the dining table, who gets grossed out by the live rat on a plate?
          It's been a long time since I've seen that video too. LOL

          I can only think of one more actress cameo in a music video - Winona
          Ryder (and Christia Ricci) in Cher's Shoop Shoop video that went with
          the Mermaids soundtrack. That video was a little corny, right? Not
          quite cheesy though... ;)

          Jen

          --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "Callihan"
          <scallih3@...> wrote:

          > Nice idea, Jen.
          >
          > The Clerks cast/Soul Asylum, that's a great one. Sure would like
          to see it
          > again.
          >
          > There was one a few years back by Superchunk (the title escapes me)
          that had
          > Janeane Garofalo and David Cross satirizing music video pitch
          people.

          > Milton Berle in a couple of Ratt videos.
          >
          > John Goodman in Talking Heads' "Wild Life".
          >
          > This buries the corny needle, but there were a lot of
          actors/comedians in
          > that old "Ghostbusters" video.
          >
          > Think I'd better stop before cheese fills the screen up...
          >

          > Callihan

        • Callihan
          Message 4 of 7 , May 29, 2006
            Yeah, "Uncle Milty" was playing both sides of the equation. He was the
            older fellow grimacing as he mimicked strumming a guitar and pointing to the
            ceiling, as well as the not-so-attractive, bejeweled old lady. He was in a
            later Ratt video, but I really can't zero the image in my mind; I just know
            he was in it. Being a TV Baby I thought his being in a heavy metal video
            was hilarious, but as some metal aficionados often point out the pun is
            mostly lost on metal heads simply because they don't know who Milton Berle
            is/was.

            Callihan

            Message 5 of 7 , May 31, 2006
              Hi Callihan - LOL, yes, many of you are probably going "Ewww!", but
              I just had to follow this topic through to its (un)natural end...

              Only a few examples have flashed through my mind -

              1. Kurt Cobain in In Bloom by Nirvana - Kurt (and Dave and Krist?)
              pirouettes so daintily (well, maybe not) in a dress in segments of
              this video.

              2. Tre Cool in Holiday by Green Day - Drummer Tre is all gussied up
              in drag (wow, what legs!) in this video.

              3. Tim Booth in Laid by James - Lead Singer Tim (and the rest of
              the band, I think) don ladies clothing (and look like a modern
              version of Monty Python guys in dresses) and look glum about it.
              Interestingly, "laid" in French means ugly... "...Ah, you think
              you're so pretty...".

              4. A guy in No One Knows by Queens of the Stone Age - There's a
              scene where the deer in the careening car plows into the fence of
              an 'establishment', and one of the perturbed ladies is a man in
              drag...not one of the band members though, I don't think...

              Surprisingly, Morrissey, who was so *daring* in the 80s, wearing
              women's blouses, isn't attired in a dress in any of his videos...as
              far as I know...LOL

              <scallih3@...> wrote:

              > Yeah, "Uncle Milty" was playing both sides of the equation. He
              was the
              > older fellow grimacing as he mimicked strumming a guitar and
              pointing to the
              > ceiling, as well as the not-so-attractive, bejeweled old lady. He
              was in a
              > later Ratt video, but I really can't zero the image in my mind; I
              just know
              > he was in it. Being a TV Baby I thought his being in a heavy
              metal video
              > was hilarious, but as some metal aficionados often point out the
              pun is
              > mostly lost on metal heads simply because they don't know who
              Milton Berle
              > is/was.
              >
              > Callihan

              Music

              Message 6 of 7 , May 31, 2006
                 - the vocalist of French band Indochine is apparently a full-blown transsexual although how much of this is just publicity I'm unsure, I think you need to be French to get the full story :
                 - certainly the band's music doesn't require that amount of artifice, unlike, say, Culture Club -

                <scallih3@...> wrote:

                > Yeah, "Uncle Milty" was playing both sides of the equation.  He
                was the
                > older fellow grimacing as he mimicked strumming a guitar and
                pointing to the
                > ceiling, as well as the not-so-attractive, bejeweled old lady.  He
                was in a
                > later Ratt video, but I really can't zero the image in my mind; I
                just know
                > he was in it.  Being a TV Baby I thought his being in a heavy
                metal video
                > was hilarious, but as some metal aficionados often point out the
                pun is
                > mostly lost on metal heads simply because they don't know who
                Milton Berle
                > is/was.
                >
                > Callihan

                Do you Yahoo!?

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
                  Well, I guess you have to at least be able to *read* French to get
                  the whole story...I have heard some of Indochine's music, but haven't
                  followed the personal history of the band...kinda reminds me of
                  Placebo - Brian has a certain 'public image', but in his private life
                  he's married to, *gasp*, a girl! LOL Who knows...

                  So I guess Boy George's early to mid-80s get-up can't be called a
                  dress? I wonder what to call his clothing...a really big smock?!

                  Oh, I'm adding The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson to the list -
                  In a few blips of the video he's in an extra-long, cone-shaped skirt
                  while on stilts...I think...I try not to remember things like
                  that... ;)

                  Jen

                  --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, Jon Gordon
                  <chateau_distorted@...> wrote:

                  > - the vocalist of French band Indochine is apparently a full-blown
                  transsexual although how much of this is just publicity I'm unsure, I
                  think you need to be French to get the full story :
                  > - certainly the band's music doesn't require that amount of
                  artifice, unlike, say, Culture Club -
                  > Jen <jdloc4@...> wrote: Hi Callihan - LOL, yes, many of you are
                  probably going "Ewww!", but
                  > I just had to follow this topic through to its (un)natural end...
                  >
                  > Only a few examples have flashed through my mind -
                  >
                  > 1. Kurt Cobain in In Bloom by Nirvana - Kurt (and Dave and Krist?)
                  > pirouettes so daintily (well, maybe not) in a dress in segments of
                  > this video.
                  >
                  > 2. Tre Cool in Holiday by Green Day - Drummer Tre is all gussied
                  up
                  > in drag (wow, what legs!) in this video.
                  >
                  > 3. Tim Booth in Laid by James - Lead Singer Tim (and the rest of
                  > the band, I think) don ladies clothing (and look like a modern
                  > version of Monty Python guys in dresses) and look glum about it.
                  > Interestingly, "laid" in French means ugly... "...Ah, you think
                  > you're so pretty...".
                  >
                  > 4. A guy in No One Knows by Queens of the Stone Age - There's a
                  > scene where the deer in the careening car plows into the fence of
                  > an 'establishment', and one of the perturbed ladies is a man in
                  > drag...not one of the band members though, I don't think...
                  >
                  > Surprisingly, Morrissey, who was so *daring* in the 80s, wearing
                  > women's blouses, isn't attired in a dress in any of his videos...as
                  > far as I know...LOL
                  >
                  > Jen
                  >

                  > --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "Callihan"
                  > <scallih3@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Yeah, "Uncle Milty" was playing both sides of the equation. He
                  > was the
                  > > older fellow grimacing as he mimicked strumming a guitar and
                  > pointing to the
                  > > ceiling, as well as the not-so-attractive, bejeweled old lady.
                  He
                  > was in a
                  > > later Ratt video, but I really can't zero the image in my mind; I
                  > just know
                  > > he was in it. Being a TV Baby I thought his being in a heavy
                  > metal video
                  > > was hilarious, but as some metal aficionados often point out the
                  > pun is
                  > > mostly lost on metal heads simply because they don't know who
                  > Milton Berle
                  > > is/was.
                  > >
                  > > Callihan

                  Service.