798Re: [PLAYLIST] Shimmer / 19 Feb 06 / Chicago / DJ SLS

  • Ahmad Shah Etemadi
    Mar 1, 2006
      Hey there,

      I wish there were similar events here in DC. Anyhow, if you like the
      Cocteau Twins...I'm sure you'll absolutely love Isobella and Violet
      Indiana. The latter is actually Robin Guthrie (from CTs) and Siobhan
      (from Mono). Great stuff! Alcian Blue are quite good as well...seen
      them many times live as they are local to DC.

      Take care,
      Ahmad

      --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <jdloc4@...> wrote:

      > ...and wish I had been there! LOL
      >
      > What are your favorite songs/bands off the playlist?
      >
      > Mine are the mostly obvious, like Cocteau Twins, Lush, Curve,
      > Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, Catherine Wheel, Monster Movie,
      > Interpol, and Ride - as well as Mum, The Charlatans, The Stone Roses
      > (I Want to be Adored is an awesome song), and Claire Voyant (I've
      > only heard the beautiful, melancholy song Bittersweet by them) - and
      > there are some other bands that sound familiar but I don't have
      > their sound in my head yet, like Alcian Blue, Violet Indiana, Auburn
      > Lull, Lycia, Airiel, and Isobella. Hmmm...Nick Cave...I didn't
      > think his sound would fit into this playlist; I don't know the song
      > that was played though...
      >
      > Jen
      >
      > --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, Rick Taylor <rick@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > In looking over that setlist, only two words come to mind: fuck
      > and yeah!
      > >
      > > rick
      > >
      > > scaryladysarah <scaryladys@> wrote:
      > > Many sincere thanks to the hardcore shoegaze fans who came out
      > to our
      > > most recent Shimmer event! We should have called it SHIVER as it
      > was
      > > only 5º F out that night! Brrr!!! ;)
      > >
      > > SHIMMER is an AGP night club event which features shoegaze,
      > dreampop,
      > > ethereal, darker, moodier indie music. It occurs as often as we
      > can
      > > manage! :)
      > >
      > > Just about all the wonderful bands we spin at Shimmer can be found
      > on
      > > MySpace; seek them out! You'll be glad you did.
      > >
      > > Here's what was played:
      > >
      > > Shimmer ~ 19 February 06 ~ Elbo Room, Chicago
      > > DJ Scary Lady Sarah
      > >
      > > [A] denotes a request for a specific artist
      > > [S] denotes a request for a specific song
      > > [L] denotes a band local to Chicago
      > >
      > > Mùm- On the Old Mountain Radio
      > > Kilowatthours- Welcome to Orlando
      > > Aydin- Warm Up
      > > Monster Movie- Colder Days
      > > Curves- Slide
      > > Alcian Blue- You Just Disappear
      > > The Starseeds- There Is Enough for Everyone
      > > Anilore- Something Always Shines
      > > Greenspace- Marcel
      > > Snowpony- Starfish
      > > Violet Indiana- Busted
> [...]