3255Official News - Wow! Shows! Single! Album! - from Pete Fig and Terry Bickers.

    Jul 1, 2014

      Pete Fij / Terry Bickers (ex-Creation Records - Adorable / House of Love) have finally got off their arses and released an album! Whisper it quietly, but it's going quite well...
      Photo Credit: Tiya Ivy
      PETE FIJ TERRY BICKERS (EX-CREATION RECORDS)

      ALBUM PRE-ORDER NOW AVAILABLE WITH IMMEDIATE DOWNLOAD
      SINGLE OUT TODAY
      LIVE UK SHOWS START THIS WEEK

      Hello

      In a word - 'Wow'!

      It's been a busy few weeks and whisper it quietly, but so far things have gone really well, and much of it is down to your help - we won Single of the Week on BBC6Music Roundtable & we also won The Rebel Playlist (thanks to all who voted for us!). We've had daytime plays on Shaun Keavney, Lauren Laverne, Steve Lamacq, Radcliffe & Maconie & Gideon Coe's 6Music shows, we've lunched with Clive Anderson & Suggs (Madness) when we were guests on 'Loose Ends' on Radio 4,. This week we got a fabulous four star review in Mojo ("Gorgeous"), glowing praise from The Guardian ("Lovely"), John Robb from louderthanwar called 'Broken Heart Surgery' "one of the most captivating albums of the year", not to mention we've had 'Song Of The Year' accolade from A Musical Prioirty.

      To be honest me & Terry can be quite pessimistic chaps when we put our minds to it (as anyone who had heard the album will testify), but the reception the album has got has made even our sour-lipped faces crack into something resembling a smile - so thank you to everyone who has helped.

      Today , (Monday 30th July) is the official release of Out Of Time - watch us partying like it's 1999 in the video, and share with your friends . It's available as a download from i-tunes, amazon and our very own bandcamp page.

      If you missed out on the Kickstarter campaign which got us off on this fabulous journey, you can PRE-ORDER THE ALBUM from our Bandcamp site (where you can also buy the ltd edtion Pete Fij solo version of the album) - all CD pre-orders get a free immediate download, and we will begin shipping the CDs this week. The album will also be available from online and UK record stores.

      This week we begin our live UK shows, that takes in some beautiful, quirky and hidden venues
      (click date for tickets).
      Wed 2nd Persia Bar, WORTHING
      Thurs 3rd Komedia, BRIGHTON
      Wed 16th St Pancras Old Church, LONDON
      Wed 22nd Bicycle Shop, NORWICH ...UPDATE: it's TUESDAY 22nd
      for Norwich & WEDNESDAY 23rd for Coventry (not wed/thur)
      Thur 23rd The Tin, COVENTRY

      Support on all shows is from the fabulous I Am Ampersand (alter ego of Matt from Fujiya & Miyagi). We'd love to pack these shows out - so we really hope you can come.

      Asides from buying the album and coming to see us live, any help you can give is massively appreciated. We're keen to hear from any live promoters or labels - (both in UK or international). If you know any press or online music writers who might want to write about us, please send them our way, or anyone else who might be a good lead.

      Many thanks for your support

      Pete & Terry

      www.petefijterrybickers.com
      www.facebook.com/petefijterrybickers