3251Official News from Pete Fij / Terry Bickers (Adorable / House of Love).

    Jun 7, 2014
      Pete Fij / Terry Bickers (Adorable / House of Love) really need your help to get playlisted on 6Music
      View this email in your browser
      PETE & TERRY'S POP PLAYLIST PLEA

      Hi there,

      If you haven't got time to read all this e-mail, just skip to paragraph 5 - the bit that starts "It will only take 30 seconds". It's really important to us!

      Pete Fij / Terry Bickers are close to releasing their album on July 7th & things have been going really well - picking up small but very positive reviews in press and picking up spot plays on the radio.
      If you live in UK you'll know about it, but here in England there's a big player in the radio for indie / alternative music called BBC6Music. It's where our music has the best chance of reaching exactly the kind of audience we need to help this grow & is a key influencer for other press in UK as well as foreign media as well.
      Last week our single 'Out of Time' won Single of The Week on BBC6Music Steve Lamacq Round Table review programme, beating Manic Street Preachers, La Roux, Pains Of Being Pure At Heart & David Byrne amongst others but we haven't been playlisted yet.
      .
      We have now been shortlisted for the Rebel Playlist - effectively an X-Factor-style shoot out between 3 acts to get A-Listed on 6Music next week - that would mean being played on every single show every day all of next week. This would be amazing for us, and would be great validation of all the hard work we have put in to this, and is the kind of coverage that normally only the really big players get, so we really, really, really need your help. We need everyone we know (and hopefully their friends as well) to vote for us, and to pass the message on and get others to help out. We can't tell you how much it would mean to us to get this.

      It will only take 30 seconds - it's 3 clicks and then your job is done:
      1. Go here:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/playlist/rebelplaylist
      2. Click on the bit that says 'Which is your favourite track? Vote Now'
      3. Cast your vote - preferably for Pete Fij / Terry Bickers!

      That's it. You can vote on computers, laptops and mobile devices so I suppose in theory you could vote on a multitude of devices.

      We'd love it if after voting you could get other people to do the same. Share on Facebook, Twitter etc. We have till Sunday.

      Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou

      If you haven't got much time you can stop reading here, - thankyou for your time. For those who are interested, below are more details.

      You can watch the video for our current single 'Out of Time' here. There are are also Pete Fij-directed videos for 'Downsizing' & 'Betty Ford' which both featured on BBC Music vide festival last year.

      The album will be out on 7th July but you can pre-order it from our Bandcamp page here and get a free immediate download.

      Live UK dates in July (click on link for details):
      2nd Worthing
      3rd Brighton
      16th London
      22nd Norwich
      23rd Coventry

      Support on all shows is from I Am Ampersand (he's the '&' in Fujiya & Miyagi) - click to see the video to his fabulous single here

      Note - all shows are on non-world cup nights

      You can find us at www.facebook.com/petefijterrybickers
      or I'm on twitter @petefij

      Many thanks for your time & help

      Pete & Terry