3116Re: My Top 3 Albums of 2012 are up at Adequacy.net.

  • thrillracer1
    Jan 8, 2013
      Well, oddly, the one 2012 album I won is one that was heavily marketed everywhere from TV talk shows to pizza boxes and that is _Red_ by Taylor Swift. It's actually alright. I like that she writes break-up songs, but I don't like that she is a ruthless wealth-hogger (the rest of us working-class people need to live too.)

      Cheers to Jen for passing on to me lots of music CDs to go through. I don't know if any were from 2012 though.

      I also received Garrett Sawyer's _Chronicles and Vanity_. While published in 2012, the press release said the official release date is early 2013. So I don't know if it's a 2012 or 2013 album. I put a review here on my old web page, which I hardly ever update:

      http://home.simplyweb.net/thrill/zines.html

      --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "sidewaysgaze" wrote:

      > My picks were albums by TKTTSM, Teen Daze, and UNISON:
      >
      > http://www.adequacy.net/2012/12/best-of-2012/
      >
      > Rounding out My Top 10 Albums of 2012 are:
      >
      > 4. Red EP / Dangerous Muse
      > 5. O'Doubt O'Stars / Ruby Throat
      > 6. Born To Die / Lana Del Rey
      > 7. Not Your Kind of People / Garbage
      > 8. Save Yourself EP / Machine Birds
      > 9. Out of My Hands/ Morten Harket
      > 10. No One Can Ever Know / The Twilight Sad
      >
      > Feel free to list your top albums...
      >

      > Jen
      > PS I'm waiting, anticipating... Suede, the next 2 Dangerous Muse EPs, Queens Of The Stone Age, Little Boots, Steve Kilbey and Martin Kennedy, Rykarda Parasol, Veil Veil Vanish, The Black Ryder, Hannah Fury...

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic