2886Re: [Stratosphere_Fanzine] Re: Anne

  • Andrew Freeman
    Aug 4, 2010

      I have the video online.  It is kind of a rough demo version.
      Thanks for the review of this.  I'm really getting into this band.  I like their song "Punk Bike" a lot.

      Let me grab the link real fast.

      It is still kind of a demo video.  I am currently working on a video for this band called Capital (Exit Lights).

      On Aug 4, 2010, at 9:40 AM, sidewaysgaze wrote:

      Great find! :D I've never heard of this band before, but now I'm a fan. Anne's song "Summer Babies" has sustained, fiery, sky-scraping to celestial guitars and a calming tempo of swaying cymbal tap. The guy's vocals are dreamy and drawn out, but slightly monotone (narrow vocal and emotional range, but it suits the song).

      I'm picking up tinges of Doves in the melancholic edge and some guitar-work, and also Band Of Horses on the song "Collection".

      Thanks for posting here about that band. Let us know once your video is online. :)

      --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Freeman <af22@...> wrote:
      > I've been really digging this band lately.
      > http://www.annepdx.com/

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic