2161Re: Album Releases - re:Kylie M

    Jan 4, 2008
      Sorry, I meant sexiest NOT sexist, slight typo there! Having said
      that, some really awful things do seem to happen to his assistants.
      Shame that they killed Kylie's character off, would loved to have
      seen her as a regular.

      Jen

      --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, Jon Gordon
      <chateau_distorted@...> wrote:

      > - you're probably right about David Tennant being sexist - none
      of his female Dr Who assistants ever seem to survive him.

      > Kylie ran away with it this xmas. See her 1 hour ITV special
      (shown here in November) for final proof of her otherworldly genius -

      > http://www.myspace.com/jon000gordon
      >
      > Jen <mladka@...> wrote: She gave a
      wonderful performance with Paul McCartney (and with Jools
      > on the piano) on Jools Holland's show the other night.
      >
      > The Doctor Who episode was great. Lucky lady, having a kiss with
      > actor David Tennant! He has to be the sexist doctor ever!!!
      >
      > Jen (PVSG)
      >
      > --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <irish728c@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Just to complete your "Top-ten reasons Kylie Monogue is cool"
      list
      > > Jon, I'll add that she covers "Santa Baby" better than anyone
      since
      > > Eartha Kitt.
      > >
      > > Dan
      > > (I wouldn't mind her serving this Santa a cup of tea either,
      and
      > I'm
      > > in the US) :)
      > >
      > > --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, Jon Gordon
      > > <chateau_distorted@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > re: Kylie Minogue
      > > >
      > > > Kylie is cool for several reasons -
      > > >
      > > > 1) - has kept both her voice and looks intact since 1988 or
      so
      > and
      > > is still recognisably the girl next door (if you live in
      Melbourne,
      > > Australia)
      > > >
      > > > 2) - is a petite blonde, and it's d├ęclasse in the extreme to
      > mess
      > > up a petite blonde.
      > > >
      > > > 3) - is a tough bit despite her size - duetted 'The Wild
      Rose'
      > > alongside Nick Cave, which was a minor UK chart success in 95.
      > my
      > > knowledge the only career survivor from the Stock Aitken &
      Waterman

      wrote:
      > > Aha yes. I think since I live in America it's not that
      guilty
      > > listen to her since no one here really knows her music that
      well. I
      > > guess maybe in Europe it would definitley have to be a guilty
      > pleasure
      > > since she pretty much is becoming the Madonna of Europe and
      > > Austrailia. And how can you be sort of 'indie' or 'underground'
      > while
      > > listening to Kylie Minogue? I'm sure no one in Europe with that
      > status
      > > would ever admit to liking her music. lol.
      > > >
      > > > Jen <jdloc4@> wrote:
      > > > I guess I should have put a *wink* after my comment
      > there! :0 I've
      > > > actually rather guiltily enjoyed her hit 'dance' songs
      (well,
      > except
      > > > maybe that old Locomotion one...)...
      > > >
      > > > Jen
      > > >
      > > > --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, lisa brown

      > anyone's
      > > > crown. This is her comeback after breast cancer. It's been
      long
      > > > awaited.

      > > > sites online, and music papers.
      > > > etc...

      > Mynci,
      > meant 'Gorky's
      > the
      > > > more
      > crown...)
      > ever
      Could
      > it
      > > > be
      > > > weekend...)
      > > > beards,
      > in
      > the 'shy' guy
      > talking
      > > > about
      Don't
      > go the
      > again,
      > want
      > make
      > Back
      Rock 'n'
      > or
      > > > their
      > want
      Brothers,
      > Dust
      > > > brothers,
      > know
      > > > what
      > animal
      > album
      > twiddle
      > much
      Felt
      > > > Mountain
      > album...)
      > statue is

      > > > ---------------------------------
      > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!
      > Mobile.
      > > Try it now.

      > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!
      > Mobile.
      > > Try it now.

      > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with
      Yahoo! Search.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic