2019Re: [Stratosphere_Fanzine] My Top 10 Cover Songs and added 1 Audio File of Superstar by Sonic Youth.

  • don lebo
    Oct 7, 2007
      Voivod's covers of King Crimson's Twentieth Century Schizoid Man and their covers of Pink Floyd's Astronomy Domine (check out the video, way cool) and The Nile Song were cool. Black Sabbath's Blue Suede Shoes is hilarious but cool I think.

      rswappleton@... wrote:
      I don't know very many covers that are as good or better than the
      originals, but here's a few:

      1. Some Velvet Morning - Slowdive covering Lee Hazlewood & Nancy Sinatra
      2. You're A Mean One Mr Grinch - Sixpence None The Richer covering Thurl
      Ravenscroft
      3. Jail House Rock - The Residents covering Elvis Presley
      4. Cross Eyed Mary - Iron Maiden covering Jethro Tull
      5. Happiness Is A Warm Gun - The Breeders covering The Beatles

      --- RSW
      www.raymondscottwoo lson.com