1691Re: Top 10 Songs in TV Commercials - video clips at YouTube.com.

    Mar 5, 2007
      I think I found it on YouTube.com! Check this link out and tell me
      if it's what you're talking about. I think so - it sounds like that
      Green Day song, but from the 60s...I'll have to look up the song
      though - still not sure what it is.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUPAbMU5-4k

      Jen

      --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, Jon Gordon
      <chateau_distorted@...> wrote:

      > I haven't been able to trace the camera advert (it ran in 2004)
      which featured a song called 'Picture Book' that sounded a lot like
      Green Day's 'Warning' track. The 'Picture Book' song is a sixties
      number and sounds a lot like The Turtles or similar - anyone remember
      it?

      > Ian Stuart <master_kadali@...> wrote: Hi Jen, thanks for
      replying with some great info!
      > Still don't recall the ad though (and I watch a LOT of telly!) -
      > maybe it was only aired in the US? A bit ironic if that's the case,
      > eh?? If anyone out there who reads this thread has that ad on tape
      > somewhere please put it on YouTube!!
      > Ian S.
      >
      > --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <jdloc4@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Ian S. - Yes, yes, yes - I remember this advert on TV - and I
      > was
      > > shocked to hear the Lush song in a TV commercial - and it put a
      > big
      > > grin on my face at the time - and now. That's one of my most fave
      > > songs by Lush.
      > >
      > > It's too bad the clip isn't at YouTube.com. :( Maybe someone
      > will
      > > post it eventually.
      > >
      > > If you go to this link, they give a paragraph description of the
      > > commericial and some other info:
      > > http://home.clara.net/sed68/advertmusic/songs/269lush.htm
      > >
      > > From what I recall, some model girl drops from the rafters in a
      > chop
      > > shop and steals a car, tires squealing as she makes her getaway -
      > and
      > > you see her smiling at end. That's all I remember, besides the
      > > song. :)
      > >
      > > Jen
      > >
      > > --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Stuart"
      > > <master_kadali@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi all, I was trying to find the Levi's jeans ad that featured
      > > > Lush's "Undertow" because I can't remember it and I couldn't
      > find
      > > it
      > > > on YouTube - did it exist or have the guys at
      > > > commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk made a mistake? There was that
      > one
      > > > with mermaids in it but that featured "Underwater Love" by
      Smoke
      > > > City.
      > > > Any feedback gratefully received!
      > > > Ian S.