1502Re: [Stratosphere_Fanzine] Re: Short Album Review - Black Holes and Revelations / Muse vs. Keane.

    Nov 2, 2006
      Just that Muses' 'Black Holes' single and Keanes' 'Crystal Ball' single are a little too similar and it does sound as if it was Keanes idea first, that's all

      Jen <jdloc4@...> wrote:
      Ok, now - are you trying to make me dislike Muse's latest album??!
      LOL I didn't think Keane had that full-on guitar/drum/ who-knows-
      what-else sound?? Isn't Keane more simplistic and less bombastic?
      More sappy and crushed-heart- on-sleeve versus frenetic and moody
      Muse? Just wondering as I haven't been following Keane that much...

      Jen

      --- In Stratosphere_ Fanzine@yahoogro ups.com, Jon Gordon
      <chateau_distorted@ ...> wrote:

      > Muse really sound a lot like Keane nowadays, a bit too much for
      this listener to want to encourage them any further - get over the
      success of 'Somewhere Only We Know' , boys -

      > Jen <jdloc4@...> wrote: I think Matt's vocals and the
      instruments are all cranked to 11 on
      > their latest Black Holes and Revelations album (well, except
      > for 'ballad songs' numbers 5 and 6, and maybe number 10 - yeah,
      sorry,
      > I'm bad with song titles) and that the sound is like a more
      muscular
      > and dynamic Radiohead (The Bends-era), with Matt sounding a little
      > like Jeff Buckley when he's straining on some of the notes.
      >
      > It's full-throttle from the get-go, no halfways here for the most
      > part, with Matt's histrionic vocals pushed to the limit and
      grandiose
      > sonic overload - so be willing to be swept away by the quasi-
      romantic
      > dramatics of it all, or be ready for your auditory apparatus to
      > shudder in distaste...
      >
      > Someone recently mentioned (I think it was someone at The Big
      Takeover