Re: [Stonehaven_Genealogy] Re: Robertson descendants

  • Elaine Nicoll
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 5, 2002
      Hi Richard

      I am very sorry but I seem to have misled you. I included part of your
      message in my reply to indicate which part I was referring to. At my end it
      looked like part of your message but I see it appeared on the list without
      the > marks and therefore looked like a new message. (I hope you can follow
      this!)

      Anyhow, it would appear from your reply that *my* Charles ROBERTSON was the
      one who died in Laurencekirk in 1880. My connection with the ROBERTSON name
      is via the marriage of Elizabeth SILVER (my 5g-aunt) to John ROBERTSON in
      1804.

      Thank you for your reply & for the info on Charles's death.

      Kindest regards
      Elaine
    • leither64
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 5, 2002
        Hi Elaine,

        That is quite all right. I am glad that you were able to clarify things for me.
        All the best and thank you for your kind interest.

        Cheers,
        Richard

        I am very sorry but I seem to have misled you. I included part of your message
        in my reply to indicate which part I was referring to. At my end it looked
        like part of your message but I see it appeared on the list without the marks
        and therefore looked like a new message. (I hope you can follow this!)

        Anyhow, it would appear from your reply that *my* Charles ROBERTSON was the
        one who died in Laurencekirk in 1880. My connection with the ROBERTSON name
        is via the marriage of Elizabeth SILVER (my 5g-aunt) to John ROBERTSON in 1804.

        Thank you for your reply & for the info on Charles's death.

        Kindest regards
        Elaine
      • Aurie W Morrison
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 13, 2002
          Hi,

          I'm jumping in here --

          I have in my family,Ann Silver who married George Strathdee; they had
          children, surname Strathdee: [I don't know the parents of George.]

          1. Isabella born 1802 Kincardine; she married Alex. Strathdee, in 1830
          Dunnottar. He was son of John Strathdee and Isabella Robertson. Isabella
          died 1858 Fowlsevan, Dunnottar. They had 7 ch.

          2. Ann born 1808 died in Stonehaven 1886

          3. Charles born 1813 Dunnottar

          Do you think there might be a connection?

          Aurie gnut@...

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 13, 2002
            Hi Richard..

            I am interested to know if you have more information on John Robertson and
            Elizabeth Paterson. I have several Robertsons in my file and am interested to
            know if there is a connection to my Patersons from the same area. I also have
            a James Robertson b: 1880 married to Jane Ritchie and would like to know if
            there is a connection there.

            Bruce...

[...]

            Kind regards,
            Richard Robertson
            Akron, Ohio, USA
          • Elaine Nicoll
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 13, 2002
              Hi Aurie,

              I am very interested in your Ann SILVER. Unfortunately, I can't say for
              sure there is a connection as I haven't got enough info but your Ann is
              certainly in the right place at the right time. Here is what I have on the
              SILVER family:

              John SILVER (b abt 1738/39 & d 22 Dec 1822 Laurencekirk) m Ann GREGORY (b
              abt 1744 & d 5 Jul 1824 Laurencekirk) in Dunnottar 14 Sep 1764. Their
              children were:

              James ch 3 Mar 1766 Bervie d Aug 1789 Laurencekirk
              Anne ch 2 Aug 1771 Bervie m William SCOTT 7 Jan 1797 Laurencekirk + 8
              children
              Elisabeth ch 27 Aug 1773 Bervie m John ROBERTSON 15 Dec 1804 Laurencekirk +
              5 children
              John ch 17 Sep 1775 Laurencekirk
              George ch 11 May 1777 Laurencekirk
              Isobel ch 7 Nov 1779 Laurencekirk m Alexander BURNETT 17 Dec 1803 Dunnottar
              Helen ch 10 Jun 1782 Laurencekirk m John BLACKLAWS 18 Jun 1808 Laurencekirk
              (my 4g-grandparents) + 10 children
              Mary ch 5 Mar 1785 Marykirk
              James ch 25 Jul 1790 Laurencekirk

              It is quite possible that your Ann is perhaps a cousin of my SILVER family.

              Kind regards
              Elaine

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 14, 2002
                Thanks Elaine,

                I'll file the information on Silver, the only thing I know on Ann is that
                her father was Andrew.

                Good luck with your search.

                +

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 14, 2002
                  Elaine,

                  I spoke in haste, Ann Silver's father was NOT Andrew, I don't know who he
                  was. Sorry.

                  Aurie
                • leither64
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 14, 2002
                    Hi Bruce..

                    I am afraid that I do not know anything about the Paterson connection to the
                    Robertsons. Are your Patersons and Robertsons from Laurencekirk? That is where my
                    family seems to come from, settling in Stonehaven in Ocotber 1856 after a brief
                    time in Aberdeen. Actually, I wish that I had better proof than a simple IGI
                    record, which is where I obtained the birth of my great x 3 grandfather, Charles
                    Robertson. It was through sheer process of elimination that I deduced the
                    Paterson-Robertson ancestry. My great x 3 grandfather had four sons, Charles Jr.,
                    John, Thomas and David...I have no idea about descendants of Thomas and David and
                    I am hoping that they might be still living in the area. I am sorry that I was
                    unable to offer you any substantial info. If you come across anything in the
                    future, please keep me in mind. Best wishes in your searches