newyear festival

  • linlyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2002
      Happy New year to all members, thought I would just let you know that here in
      Queensland Australia we have a little bit of Stonehaven history repeated at the
      Queensland folk festival at Woodford, when they have the fire ball as part of their
      celerbrations, Queensland folk festival own some 300 acres of land about 80
      Kilometres from Brisbane where they hold a festival every year from the 27th dec to
      1st Jan, this is a world class event with top acts & entertainers from all round
      the world, they have street theatre & stage acts work shops in different arts etc ,
      some 65 - 70 thousand folk turn up over the festival living in a tent city on the
      site , New years eve brings together all the acts etc into a lantern parade led by
      the fire ball man finishing with a fire works display etc, some may remember last
      year Woodford was one of the Australian shows on the television for the millenium
      While this does'nt have any thing to do with family history thought that others may
      be interested

      Lyn