Re: [Stonehaven_Genealogy] Re: Reith & Paterson Ancestors

  • Aurie W Morrison
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2001
      Hi Doug,

      Some of the Strathdee genealogy was done by a cousin and perhaps he thought
      Isobel's name to be Falconer because of it being carried in two of her
      son's names. I have noted the Anderson and will continue to look further.

      Yes, Duthie was a middle name, William Duthie Strathdee son of Alexander
      Strathdee and Jean/Jane Duthie.

      I have 12 children for Wm and Ann (Reith) Strathdee
      Margaret; Ellen; Wm; Isabel; David Falconer; James Falconer; Stewart;
      Alexander; Arthur; George; Jane Ann and Jessie. No birth dates for the
      first three, Isobel born Oct 1855. So I wonder, were the first ones from
      another marriage??

      Thanks Doug, for the info. Will appreciate anything further you may find.

      Aurie

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2002
        Hi,

        Would you have any inforamtion on the Jean Paterson you list here as a
        Daughter? Searching for a Jean or Jane Paterson who married James Charles.
        Their daughter was my ancestor who was Elizabeth Charles br 18 May 1837
        any help here would be appricated .

        Eileen

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2002
          Eileen,

          The Jean Paterson listed was b 18 May 1811, Banchory Devenick.
          She married William Reid 22 Nov 1834 Banchory Devenick.
          I haven't come across a Jean/Jane Paterson married to a James Charles in our
          family tree.

          Good luck
          Phyl.

          Would you have any inforamtion on the Jean Paterson you list here as a
          Daughter? Searching for a Jean or Jane Paterson who married James Charles.
          Their daughter was my ancestor who was Elizabeth Charles br 18 May 1837
          any help here would be appricated .

          Eileen
        • Eileen Rice