Re: [Stonehaven] Begg

  • kfinndailnamine@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2005
      Hi Jed,

      Sorry for delay in responding - I have been on
      holiday. The Jimmy Begg and daughter Grace are
      relatives on mine. Grace was the sister of my
      grandmother Margaret (Maggie) Begg. I have lots
      of memories of visiting Stonehaven from the age
      of 10 (1961) & of 3 Macdonald Road & recollect
      as a child tidying Grace's pantry. She would
      have a block of pure honey and the smell made
      me feel sick!

      Do you remember my grandmother, she married a
      David Begg (a tanner) and lived at 34 David
      Street next to the then fish shop. I believe
      they lived in Rodney Street, or a road off the
      square when my mother Jean Burnett was born
      1924.

      Other siblings were Evelyn who was a spinster
      and lived with my grandmother up until her death,
      there was also Nan (Anne) who married Bill Lawson
      and Sonny (James) who married and moved to Ardgay.
      I was born and grew up in the South of England
      but still visit Stonehaven.

      Kind Regards,
      Katrina