Re: [Stonehaven] Robert Carrol & Sarah Carson

  • Jean Buchan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2005
      Thanks for your prompt reply.

      I am sorry but that is as far back in my
      family tree I have been able to get. My
      mother thought the Carrol's were Irish,
      so I am not sure if Robert &/or Sarah
      might have been born in Ireland.

      I believe they later moved to Dundee,
      because that is where Margaret got married
      to David Johnston Brebner.

      Jean Buchan Doherty

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2005
        Hi Jean,

        You've probably already found this info
        on the 1881 Census, but I thought I would
        share it with the Group anyways, in the
        hopes that it may lead to something new
        for you.

        *********************************

        It looks like Margaret moved to Dyce after
        her marriage to David:

        Dwelling: 4 Gordon Terrace
        Census Place: Dyce, Aberdeen, Scotland
        Source: FHL Film 0203454 GRO Ref Volume 190
        EnumDist 2 Page 24

        Marr Age Sex Birthplace

        David BREBNER M 33 M Fraserburgh
        Rel: Head
        Occ: Wood Sawer

        Margaret BREBNER M 32 F Stonehaven
        Rel: Wife

        Sarah BREBNER U 12 F Aberdeen
        Rel: Daur
        Occ: Scholar

        Barbara BREBNER U 10 F Aberdeen
        Rel: Daur
        Occ: Scholar

        David BREBNER U 8 M Aberdeen
        Rel: Son
        Occ: Scholar

        Margaret BREBNER 4 F Aberdeen
        Rel: Daur

        Hellen BREBNER 1 F Aberdeen
        Rel: Daur

        *********************************

        Possibly Margaret's brother: (born 4 years
        earlier) The witness at Margarets wedding
        was named Michael Carroll.

        Dwelling: Model Lodging House ((87)) Overgate
        Census Place: Dundee, Forfar, Scotland
        Source: FHL Film 0203481 GRO Ref Volume 282-2
        EnumDist 11 Page 22

        Marr Age Sex Birthplace

        Michael CARROLL U 36 M Stonehaven
        Rel: Lodger
        Occ: Ships Rivetter

        *********************************

        Check out the information listed on Stonehaven
        Genealogy member John Brebners fantastic website.
        If you haven't contacted him about your Brebner
        connection yet, I highly recommend that you do.

        http://www.brebner.com/cgi-bin/miva?newmarr_third.mv+uniquenumber=2542

        *********************************

        This could possibly be your Robert & Sarah.
        Both are from Ireland and were living in
        Aberdeen in 1881.

        Dwelling: 28 Guestrow
        Census Place: Aberdeen St Nicholas, Scotland
        Source: FHL Film 0203443 GRO Ref Volume 168-1
        EnumDist 2 Page 13

        Marr Age Sex Birthplace

        Robt. CARROLL M 50 M Ireland
        Rel: Head
        Occ: Labourer

        Sarah CARROLL M 50 F Ireland
        Rel: Wife
        Occ: Lodging House Keeper

        *********************************

        I hope there is some new information in this
        for you? Good Luck!

        CHEERS,
        Jim Allan
        Victoria, B.C. CANADA

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2005
          Thanks, Jim. That makes a lot of sense. Now I
          am just trying to figure out where in Ireland
          they came from. I also forgot to mention that
          John Brebner's website has been most helpful
          to me. In fact, he found a lot of my Hazel &
          Buchan relatives for me too.

          It takes the Canadian connection doesn't it?

          Jean Buchan Doherty from Niagara Region