Morrison Clans

  • forgot
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2005
      I started doing genealogy a few years back. I have found many
      relatives along the way. We all (4 active) are trying to find
      where our Morrison line comes from...with out much luck.

      1) Hugh Morrison b.1762 (they say Ireland- I have my doubts)
      d. 1839 in Pleasantville, PA. He is mentioned in the PA.
      history as coming from Co. Tryone, Ulster Ireland...just
      because he is from there-- it don't mean he was born there
      -- right?

      2) I have been told that when a woman marries outside her
      clan she can not wear "her clan" colors but takes the
      husbands clan colors...What if she marries one with no clan..
      can she still claim "her clan" colors?

      3) If one can not trace back any further than I have on Hugh
      Morrison..then is that to say I will not find what part of
      Scotland he is from...or clan...I am not sure if all
      Morrisons are of one large clan or many clans.

      Thank you for info on this. I am only starting to get into
      more of the history of Scotland and its hard when I am not
      sure what part of it belongs to me...I mean as far as the
      Highlands or the Scots from the southern part...Have been
      told that the Southern Scots are no longer called Low
      Landers--think I have that right.

      Anyways, I am enjoying learning.
      Mary
    • Marilyn
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
        Hi,

        I have a Mary Morrison as a gggggrandmother...I do not have
        any info on her except that she was from Ayr Scotland... I
        lost all my geneology info when my computer crashed last
        year so that's all I can remember about her.

        Sorry can't be more help.
        Marilyn