Iggo Family

  • scottishman75
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2005
      I have just joined this group, and my father was from Aberdeen
      Area. Does anyone have any information on the IGGO Family?
    • May Fletcher
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2005
        Not having heard the name before I entered it into google
        and immediately came up with this name.

        Dr. Betty J. Iggo Ph.D. A.S.G.R.A.
        (Association of Scottish Genealogists and Record Agents)
        5 Relugas Rd,
        Edinburgh,
        EH9 2NE Scotland U.K.

        Tel (031) 667-4879

        e-mail at truth@...

        My husband's middle name is Eggo whether it is a derivative of
        that I do not know.

        I hope you may be able to get some information from this address.

        May Fletcher

        I have just joined this group, and my father was from Aberdeen
        Area. Does anyone have any information on the IGGO Family?
      • Kenneth Coull
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
          No IGGOs but several EGGOs in Kincardineshire & Angus.

          Ken

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
              The Dundee phone book lists four Eggo's. The I.G.I. lists
              thirty two, all of them in the North East of Scotland. Why
              don't you try the Aberdeen and N.E.Scotland Family History
              Society. You can find them on GOOGLE.

              Harry Montgomery,
              Agincourt,Ont.

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 4, 2005
                Thank you, I do understand that at one time our name was
                spelled EGGO, and it was changed in the early 1800's to
                IGGO, so there could be a connection.

                Thanks again.

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 4, 2005
                  Thank you

                  I do believe that our name changed from EGGO to IGGO in the
                  early 1800's. I am aware of Dr Betty Iggo.

                  Thank you again.

                  e-mail at truth@e...