Re: Where is Buchrose?

  • karl trayniere
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
      Well would ya believe it, I'm thinking Buchrose is a lovely
      old scots name,,turns out it's in bloomin Yorkshire near Hull.

      Thanks folks anyways!
    • J.C. Ross
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2005
        Hi Karl,

        Could be there was a pattern of migration of Scots to this area,
        to find work in the coal-fields, or other industry. Was there a
        coalfield at Buchrose?

        I have a Chisholm GGGGfather, "Hugh Chysam", who was in
        Greasborough, NW of Sheffield, by 1795, clearly for such purpose
        [probably his line derived from the Highland Chisholm territory
        of Strathglass/Beauly, north of Inverness]

        John Ross

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 9, 2005
          Thanks John,

          As far as I have found out so far Buchrose is a farming area.
          I came across this site which may show pointers to the scots
          if any that came that way:

          http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/ERY/Westow/index.html

          Hopes it may help in your search. Any other info I come
          across I will forward.

          Regards,