Stewart & Smith

  • Charles Dorian
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2004
      Hi Stewart,

      Many thanks for your email - it was a pleasant surprise! Very
      happy to make contact with a distant relation. Mary Smith's
      parents were a James Smith and a Helen Jolly. I can provide
      their information and also their parents. Please give me your
      direct address and I will send narrative copy of the three
      generations of data I have traced. I am interested in your
      Stewart data and any additional information on my Smith or
      Jolly families you may have located.

      Charles -1452
      Issaquah, WA
    • s_mckendrick
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
        Hello Charles

        Now, we have a mystery! I have a copy of the MC for Peter
        Stewart and Mary Smith dated 24 May 1856 at Well House, Birse,
        Aberdeenshire. However, the certificate shows his parents to be
        James Stewart, retired school master, and Catherine Duncan and
        Mary's parents to be William Smith, merchant, and Isabella Bain.
        These parents are confirmed in Mary's DC in 1918.

        I would be interested in your sources for the Jolly connection.

        Best wishes