Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] White Family

  • Linda Wiggins
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2004
      Do you have either James or William's marriage certificate?
      If they married in Scotland, it will list their parents names
      (including the mother's maiden name) if they married in
      England, at least you will have the father's names. Keep in
      mind, civil registration began in Scotland in 1855 and in
      England/Wales in 1837.

      Once armed with this info, the next step would be to try to
      find the family unit on the 1851 census. The boys still
      should be at home given the ages that you quoted.

      There are always cracks in the 'brick walls'...the fun is
      finding the crack and then chiseling away at it.

      Kind regards,