Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] White Family

  • Tony MacCulloch
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2004
      Hi,

      Just putting my 'Twopennce worth' in here. I can recall
      reading somewhere that some folks of the name of CAMPBELL
      changed their name, after the event that occurred where a
      lot of people died, to either WHITE or BLACK.

      I have ancestors who have the name (BLACK John BLACK m.
      Mary LEITH) and I think I read it when I was researching
      them. Its just a thought, I am sure that a lot of members
      on this list are able to give you more information but
      try the first names with CAMPBELL as a surname and see
      what you come up with.

      Cheers,
      Brenda