Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] Logie, Parish of Fetteresso

  • Alexander Doig
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 8, 2004
      Many thanks Dod, I am visiting the area soon, so you've been
      a great help

      Regards,
      Ann

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 8, 2004
        Hi Ann,

        With the new information I will do more searching. Your John
        Brown, wife Margaret Murray and 6 children are in the 1881
        UK census. I did not find John in my LSD online FarmilySearch.
        I did find that a Margaret Murray was born on 12 Jan 1843
        in Fetteresso and her parents were William Murray and Ann
        Forrest. I suspect you have already found this information.
        I am very interested in the Brown families.

        Charles

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 8, 2004
          Hi Ann,

          I reviewed my notes on the Brown families made more that 20
          years ago. I found the following in the 1841 census for
          Fetteresso, Stonehaven

          Book 1, page 8 and 9 Allardice St.

          Robert Brown 31 Wool spinner
          Elizabeth 21
          Isabel 6
          Joseph 8
          John 3

          This may be your family. I suggest you check the 1851, 1861
          and 1871 census for the same area to track this family.

          Good luck,
          Charles
        • Charles Dorian
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 8, 2004
            Hi Ann,

            More information from 1881 census

            Dwelling: Mill Of Thornton Cottar Ho

            Census Place: Marykirk, Kincardine, Scotland
            Source: FHL Film 0203470 GRO Ref Volume 265 EnumDist 6 Page 2

            Marr Age Sex Birthplace

            James BUCHAN M 29 M Old Meldrum, Aberdeen, Scotland
            Rel: Head
            Occ: Farm Serv

            Louisa BUCHAN M 22 F Fetteresso, Kincardine, Scotland
            Rel: Wife

            Joseph BUCHAN 2 M Fetteresso, Kincardine, Scotland
            Rel: Son

            George BUCHAN 1 m M Marykirk, Kincardine, Scotland
            Rel: Son

            Elizabeth BROWN W 61 F Fetteresso, Kincardine, Scotland
            Rel: Mother In Law

            This is your Elizabeth Kinnear Brown. Louisa Buchan is her
            daughter. You may confirm in LDS FanilySearch.

            Charles
          • Alexander Doig
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 9, 2004
              Hi Charles,

              Thank you so much for all the data on the Browns and Murrays.
              It will certainly be easier for me now, we did begin to wonder
              if they had perhaps come from a different area. I think this
              could be the family, 1841 census Fetteresso, as he was stated
              as a wool weaver on sons marriage certificate 1868. I will
              certainly be busy for a wee while now.

              Thanks Again
              Ann

              Census Place: Marykirk, Kincardine, Scotland
              Source: FHL Film 0203470 GRO Ref Volume 265 EnumDist 6 Page 2

              Marr Age Sex Birthplace

              James BUCHAN M 29 M Old Meldrum, Aberdeen, Scotland
              Rel: Head
              Occ: Farm Serv

              Louisa BUCHAN M 22 F Fetteresso, Kincardine, Scotland
              Rel: Wife

              Joseph BUCHAN 2 M Fetteresso, Kincardine, Scotland
              Rel: Son

              George BUCHAN 1 m M Marykirk, Kincardine, Scotland
              Rel: Son

              Elizabeth BROWN W 61 F Fetteresso, Kincardine, Scotland
              Rel: Mother In Law

              This is your Elizabeth Kinnear Brown. Louisa Buchan is her
              daughter. You may confirm in LDS FanilySearch.

              Charles
            • Esther Handy
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 16, 2004
                Hi Charles....just wondering what year your gr.gr.grandparents
                lived in Cowie.....and what were their names....my grandfather
                was a junior officer at the Coastguard Station in Cowie in the
                early to mid 1940's.....looking forward to hearing from you.

                Regards
                Esther
                essiemae@...