Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] Benzie / Benzies Family

  • Rick Benzies
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9 10:53 AM
      Thanks for the information. Any little bit helps, so
      if you come across any more please let me know.

      Thanks,
      Rick

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 14 1:23 PM
        Hi Rick,

        The Benzie name caught my eye. Although I am no
        relation, a James Benzie was a quarryman in St. Cloud,
        Stearns County, Minnesota in the 1920 US Census. My
        great uncle, John Campbell was in business with him
        in the granite industry.

        Briefly the census informatiion is :

        James Benzie age 51, born Scotland Immigrated 1889

        Sarah Benzie, wife, age 44 born Scotland, Immigrated 1885

        Both naturalized citizens in 1895. No children listed.

        There are 6 Benzies listed in the Minnesota Death Index.

        I would be happy to send along the census image if you
        are interested.

        E-mail me at:
        MamaRock26@...

        Blanche Matthews