Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] Kincardineshire

  • Megan Baker
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
      This may be of help to you....

      http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/sct/KCD/ParishMap.html

      Good luck!
      Meg

      ---Original Message---

      Hi there,

      Could someone tell me exactly what area Kincardineshire
      covers please. Has this area changed its boundaries and
      operated under a different name previously?

      Thanks,
      Lucinda
      lucinda6737@...
    • ThomS708@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
        Hi Lucinda,

        It hasn't actually changed but the UK government keeps
        changing things at the moment it's part of Aberdeenshire,
        but you never know they may change again.

        For a map I suggest you try:
        http://www.ordnancesurvey.gov.uk

        Sue

        Could someone tell me exactly what area Kincardineshire
        covers please. Has this area changed its boundaries and
        operated under a different name previously?

        Thanks,
        Lucinda
        lucinda6737@...
      • Linda Wiggins
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
          There is a county map of Scotland at:

          http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/sct/sct_cmap.html

          The boundaries changed in Scotland in 1975.
          Kincardineshire is now part of Grampian.

          Kind regards,
          Linda

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
            Lucinda,

            Look at:

            http://www.sol.co.uk/m/mmorton/genuki/KCD/

            http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/sct/KCD/ParishMap.html

            It has a map and names and boundaries of all the parishes.

            Kincardineshire was done away with during one of the
            recent Local Government reorganisations. Stonehaven, for
            example, is now part of Aberdeenshire, but people round
            here prefer not to admit to it!

            Previously, in the days of Grampian Regional Council, we
            had Kincardine and Deeside District.

            Ian Davies
            31 3 4

            Could someone tell me exactly what area Kincardineshire
            covers please. Has this area changed its boundaries and
            operated under a different name previously?

            Thanks,
            Lucinda
            lucinda6737@...
          • Alex. Gray
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
              Hello Lucinda,

              Suggest you have a look at GENUKI on:

              http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/sct/KCD

              for information about the county of Kincardineshire
              and all the parishes contained within its boundary.

              Alex. Gray