Charles Family From Belhelvie

  • Jessie & Tom Lennie
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2004
      Hi Eileen,

      I have information on a Charles family from Belhelvie
      which is not far from Udny. My g-g-grandfather was
      Alexander Charles born June 27, 1749, Belhelvie. He
      married Isabella Leisk (Leask) December 8, 1833 Turriff.
      They had 12 children.

      Alexander had a brother William & a sister Isabel. My
      g-grandparents were George Charles & Margaret Joanne
      Angus married March 22, 1867, Old Machar, Aberdeen. They
      had 6 children. I would be very pleased to hear from you
      so that we can compare notes.

      Regards,
      Jessie
      Port Coquitlam,B.C.,Canada

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2004
        Jessie,

        Thanks for replying. I hope you can shed some light on
        my Charles. I do not know where they were from, but
        might be where yours came from. Would you have a James
        Charles in your data? I do not know when he was born or
        anything else about him, only that he married a Jane
        Patterson. My Elizabeth Charles was born 18 May 1837 in
        Undy.

        Any help would be appreciated,
        Eileen

        I have information on a Charles family from Belhelvie
        which is not far from Udny. My g-g-grandfather was
        Alexander Charles born June 27, 1749, Belhelvie. He
        married Isabella Leisk (Leask) December 8, 1833 Turriff.
        They had 12 children.

        Alexander had a brother William & a sister Isabel. My
        g-grandparents were George Charles & Margaret Joanne
        Angus married March 22, 1867, Old Machar, Aberdeen. They
        had 6 children. I would be very pleased to hear from you
        so that we can compare notes.

        Regards,
        Jessie
        Port Coquitlam,B.C.,Canada
      • k.blake
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
          I have a William Charles listed as a witness at the
          marriage of William Petrie of 29 Nether Kirkgate
          Aberdeen and Catherine Wright of 29 Spring Garden
          Aberdeen. The marriage took place at 25 Justice Street
          Aberdeen. Parents of William Petrie are William Petrie
          and Ann Dick(s) & Parents of Catherine are David Wright
          and Christina McIntosh. The other witness was Alexander
          Stevenson.

          Does any of these names connect to your Charles Family?

          Katherine