Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] King Edward Parish

  • rlyon@beeb.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28 8:08 AM
      Greg.....

      You will be interested to hear that the Duncan surname
      is one that is particularly well known in King Edward
      Parish and features frequently in this book, perhaps
      more than any other name.

      If your research on this name gets you in the direction
      of King Edward parish then no doubt I will hear from
      you again.

      Best wishes,
      Richard Lyon

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 29 10:06 AM
        Greg,

        I have a Duncan in my family tree but I don't have much
        information as yet. My 3rd grt grandfather James Lyon
        married Barbara Beattie (I have no marriage details).
        Barbara Beattie was born in Methlick, Aberdeen on 10
        July 1803, and her mother's maiden name was Duncan.
        Also on my 2nd grt grandfather John Lyon's ( b 1829 )
        birth data there was a witness Adam Duncan from the
        Sawchentree. Adam Duncan may also have been a witness
        on the birth data of one of Richard Lyon's ancestors.

        Regards,
        Heather (Lyon) Hodge

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 21, 2004
          Hello Richard,

          Thank you for the kind offer to look up your book
          families in the King Edward Parish. If you are not
          too busy would it be possible to see if there is
          anything there for John Thain and wife Isabella
          Taylor and also James Milne and his wife Ann Thain.

          Thank you once again,
          Katherine

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 23, 2004
            Katherine,

            Thanks for your email, I will have a look for the
            names you mention and will be in touch again.

            With regards,
            Richard Lyon