Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] Imbolc

  • ThomS708@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2004
      Imbolc or oimelc which is the celtic spelling is the
      festival of the Goddess Brigid and celebrates the start
      of the end of winter. You search for the early flowers
      and put corn dolls on the alter then put a candle in
      every room of the house as a symbol of the return of
      the sun and if you have a hearth fire you put it out
      and relight it then you thank the Goddess for bringing
      back the light and eat drink and be merry. Most Pagans
      do their own thing, I'm a hedgewitch and I always do my
      own thing.

      Sue