Hope you can help

  • Chris (AKA Falcon)
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2003
      Hi there,

      I have been reading the posts and not really posting
      anything for a lack of anything to post.

      But I had recently gotten a copy, more like a pile of
      documents for our family tree from my Grandmother, and
      in it I had followed it back till I came to the same
      roadblocks that she had. A few of them were, I thought,
      completely hopeless, till I was going through my own
      copies of the daily digests and came across the name
      'Coates' mentioned in one of the posts and wondered if
      they could be related to a search that I am working on.
      One of the names in our family tree was a Sir Roger
      Coates, who had a daughter named Ann (Anne). As it was
      explained to me, Sir Roger's Daughter, Anne had fallen
      for a gardener By the name of Joseph Flatt and they ran
      off to America, I believe around 1820's or 1830's. I am
      not certain of the date, but they had a son in 1837 and
      a daughter in 1840. But mostly I am looking for
      Information on Sir Roger Coates and if his wife's maiden
      name was Robinson, as Anne's maiden name is listed as
      both Coates and Coates-Robinson in the records that we have.

      Any help is appreciated.

      Chris Fowler