File - Monthly Reminders

  • Stonehaven_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 1, 2003
      MONTHLY REMINDERS FROM STONEHAVEN GENEALOGY!

      --- It�s that time again to do a complete scan of your computer
      for viruses. Before you do so though, don�t forget to
      update your Antivirus Program, to help ensure that you're
      not spreading any unwanted viruses to other members.

      --- If you have ancestors who came from Stonehaven, check out
      my other site, STONEHAVEN ROOTS, and see if they are listed.
      If they're not, just fill out the REQUEST FORM on the Site
      and I will add them ASAP:

      http://www.geocities.com/thistleinn/

      --- If you would like to have your name and research information
      added to the SCOTTISH CONTACTS LIST I've created, just drop
      me a line and I will send you the details.

      --- Will you be or have you changed your email address? Don't
      forget to update your membership so that we don't loose
      touch. Please contact me directly if you need help doing so.

      --- Are there too many emails coming your way from STONEHAVEN
      GENEALOGY? Then why not switch your email setting from
      Individual Emails to Daily Digest. This way you will only
      receive one email containing all of the messages from that
      day. If you�re not sure how, just let me know & I'll make
      the changes for you.

      --- If you�re stuck on your research or if you have a question
      about Scotland, why not post a message on the Message Board
      today. Don�t forget, there are almost 400 members out there
      who are just waiting to help. Who knows...you may even find
      a connection with another member while you�re at it. Visit
      the SURNAME lists as well, to check out the new additions or
      to add some of your own to the list.

      --- Do you know someone who may be interested in joining our
      Group at STONEHAVEN GENEALOGY? Then pass on the Home Page
      Link to them or email me their name and email address and
      I�ll send them an invitation today.

      CHEERS,

      Jim Allan, Moderator
      Victoria, B.C. CANADA
      thistleinn@...

      STONEHAVEN GENEALOGY
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Stonehaven_Genealogy/

      STONEHAVEN ROOTS
      http://www.geocities.com/thistleinn/

      ANESFHS Member 10387
    • Stonehaven_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 1, 2003
        MONTHLY REMINDERS FROM STONEHAVEN GENEALOGY!

        --- It�s that time again to do a complete scan of your computer
        for viruses. Before you do so though, don�t forget to
        update your Antivirus Program, to help ensure that you're
        not spreading any unwanted viruses to other members.

        --- If you have ancestors who came from Stonehaven, check out
        my other site, STONEHAVEN ROOTS, and see if they are listed.
        If they're not, just fill out the REQUEST FORM on the Site
        and I will add them ASAP:

        http://www.geocities.com/thistleinn/

        --- Will you be or have you changed your email address? Don't
        forget to update your membership ASAP so that we don't
        loose touch. Any member who's messages from the Group are
        sent back to Yahoo.com because their email address has not
        been kept updated will automatically be deleted from the
        Group after 20 attempts at trying to contact them. Please
        don't let this happen to you and if you need help, please
        contact me directly.

          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 1, 2003
            MONTHLY REMINDERS FROM STONEHAVEN GENEALOGY!

            --- It�s that time again to do a complete scan of your computer
            for viruses. Before you do so though, don�t forget to
            update your Antivirus Program, to help ensure that you're
            not spreading any new unwanted viruses to other members.

            --- If you have ancestors who came from Stonehaven, check out
            my other site, STONEHAVEN ROOTS, and see if they are listed.
            If they're not, just fill out the REQUEST FORM on the Site
            and I will add them ASAP:

            http://www.geocities.com/thistleinn/

            --- Will you be or have you changed your email address? Don't
            forget to update your membership ASAP so that we don't
            loose touch. Any member who's messages from the Group are
            sent back to Yahoo.com because their email address has not
            been kept updated will automatically be deleted from the
            Group after 20 attempts at trying to contact them. Please
            don't let this happen to you and if you need help, please
            contact me directly.

            --- Are there too many emails coming your way from STONEHAVEN
            GENEALOGY? Then why not switch your email setting. If
            you�re not sure how to, just let me know & I'll make the
            changes for you. Below are the 3 options available to you.

            They are as follows:

            --- INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES:
            You will receive every Message that is posted on the
            Message Board, one at a time, as it is approved by me.

            --- DAILY DIGEST:
            You will receive every Message that is posted on the
            Message Board as above, but instead of receiving them
            one at a time, you will receive them all in one
            convenient email at the end of the day.

            --- SPECIAL NOTICES:
            If you choose this option, you will receive no regular
            emails from the Group, but you will receive my WEEKLY
            UPDATE, which I put out every Sunday as well as any
            Important Messages, such as Virus Warnings, Changes
            in Yahoo.com, etc.

            NOTE: No matter which option you choose from above, you can
            also read the Messages from the Message Board anytime, by
            visiting the Home Page of STONEHAVEN GENEALOGY and clicking
            on MESSAGES located in the Index on the left hand side of
            the page.

            There is a fourth option available as well, NO EMAILS, but I
            will only approve this option in very special cases such as
            when a Member lets me know that they will be away for a
            certain amount of time, etc. and do not want their Inbox to
            become full while they are absent. The reason for this is
            that by having at least one email a week going out to each
            Member, it enables me to keep a better handle on any email
            addresses that are not being kept current and therefore no
            longer receive emails from any Member who wishes to contact
            them directly.

            --- If you�re stuck on your research or if you have a question
            about Scotland, why not post a message on the Message Board
            today. Don�t forget, there are over 400 members out there
            who are just waiting to help. Who knows...you may even find
            a connection with another member while you�re at it. Visit
            the SURNAME lists as well, to check out the new additions or
            to add some of your own to the list.

            --- Now would be a great time to check out the STONEHAVEN Calendar
            to see what's happening this month or to read about a famous
            Scot who was born during this month. If you would like to
            see something added to the calendar, just let me know and
            if there is room, I will add it for you ASAP.

              Message 6 of 28 , Feb 3, 2004
[...]

                today. Don�t forget, there are over 650 members out there

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Dec 1, 2004
[...]

                                    This option can only be used in very special cases
                                    however, such as when a Member lets me know that they
                                    will be away for a certain amount of time (Holidays,
                                    etc.) and they do not want their Inbox to become full
                                    while they are absent.

                                    The main reason for this is that by having at least
                                    one email a week going out to each Member, it enables
                                    me to keep a better handle on any email addresses that
                                    are not being kept current and therefore will no longer
                                    receive emails from any Member who wishes to contact
                                    them directly. If a Members email address is not kept
                                    current, and stops accepting emails from the Group, I
                                    will then receive a notice from Yahoo.com informing me.
                                    I will then try to contact the Member whose email address
                                    is Bouncing...over a 10 day period...and if I do not
                                    receive a response, this email address and its owner
                                    will automatically be removed from the Membership List.

                                    By doing this, it not only keeps our Membership List
                                    updated, but I believe it will also help keep our Group
                                    from having any major problems, etc. that I know a lot
                                    of other Unmoderated Groups are currently having. I
                                    "THANK YOU" for your understanding in this matter and
                                    if you have any questions or concerns about this or
                                    anything else to do with the Group, please feel free to
                                    contact me directly at my email address listed below &
                                    I will get back to you ASAP.

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Feb 1, 2005
[...]

                                        today. Don�t forget, there are over 850 members out there