Kincardine and Blood of the Vikings

  • afmltd
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
      I have confirmed from my father's birth certificate that Torry was indeed
      in the County of Kincardine in 1915. Also, very important news about a
      television series starting on BBC2 this coming Tuesday. It is called
      Blood of the Vikings and it looks at the DNA links between the Vikings
      and folk from the NE of Scotland (perhaps other places as well). These
      were the people who were asking for DNA samples earlier this year from
      anyone whose roots were in the Stonehaven area. My cousin, Joe Wood
      (Skateraw, Downies) who provided a sample.

      Stuart Christie

      Stuart Christie
      P.O. Box 35, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 2UX
      ANESFHS Member # 11095
      E-mail stuartchristie@...
      E-mail stuart@...
      Family Web Site URL
      http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/c/h/r/Stuart-Christie/
      NE Scotland (Paternal): CHRISTIE, WOOD, MASSON, LEIPER, CRAIG, MAIN,
      MIDDLETON,MCLEOD
      SW Scotland (Rhinns of Galloway)/N.Ireland (Maternal): DAVIS, SCOTT,
      IRVING, GORDON
      Ireland (Abbeyleix & Cork) (Maternal G/father): RING, BRENNAN
    • moobles02
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2004
        Stuart,

        What was the outcome of the TV programme? Did they establish
        any links to Viking DNA?

        Debbie Burgess
        Manchester, UK