FINDLAYS

  • Julie Boffey
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2003
      Kelley,

      All my Findlays seem to have been from Peterculter and
      Skene, Aberdeenshire. I have now traced them back to an
      Alexander Findlay of Beanshill, Peterculter who married
      Margaret Stuart. Their children were born in Beanshill
      and then from 1731 in Gateside Skene. Later generations
      lived at Netherton, Garlogie (Skene) and then Roadside,
      Garlogie until the early 1900's. Alexander Findlay (a
      sibling to my direct ancestor Christina Findlay) was
      married to Agnes Campbell and lived at Roadside Garlogie
      until his death in 1904. I don't have any connection
      with your Paisley Findlays as far as I am aware.

      Sorry I can't help but good luck with your research!

      Julie Boffey
      Cheshire UK