Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] Surname - WHANNELL

  • Alastair Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2003
      The surname WHANNEL is specific to Arbroath and St.
      Vigeans in Angus. Part of my family line was Whannel,
      it is well recorded in the towns parish records back
      to the 1700s. I think your line must have branched out
      from this family, there are no other records of the name
      in the country as far as i know. Get in touch some time.

      Alastair Smith