Burgh & Kirk Session Records

  • cheldar000
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2003
      Hello all,

      A lecturer in Scottish genealogy has suggested that I
      search Burgh and Kirk Session records for information
      on my husband's ancestor, James Blair (born about 1725
      place unknown, died Dunnottar). He is described as a
      merchant but we don't know what his business was,
      although an elderly relative says he was a flax or lint
      dresser. He also purchased 3 houses in Dunnottar
      beginning in 1757, and had 3 children there. We have
      his wife's name from the tombstone in Dunnottar
      churchyard, but no record of their marriage, or of
      his/her birth.

      Where are Burgh and Kirk Session records for Dunnottar,
      and are they available for the period between 1725 and
      1791?

      Thanks very much, k