Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] Dunnottar MI's

  • davies2mof@aol.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 26, 2003
      Irene

      The Poorhouse records are in two parts.

      The actual books from the Poorhouse are in the archive
      at Woolmanhill hospital, Aberdeen.

      The records of the Parish boards who administered the
      Poorhouse, gave poor relief etc are in Aberdeen City
      Archive in Dundas Street.

      Ian
      27 2 3

      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 26, 2003
        Irene

        Some of the Burial records for Stonehaven are at the
        Registrar's office in Stonehaven, but the older stuff
        has been sent to Aberdeen.

        Regarding Dunnottar, I spoke to the Minister a while
        ago and he has no organised record of burials.

        Ian
        27 2 3

        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 2, 2003
          Ian

          Thank you for the information on the Poorhouse records.

          As it is unlikely there will be a marker for my Gt.Grandparents I
          think it is doubtful that I will ever know where they were buried.
          He died at Dunnottar but it now looks as if she died at Montrose!

          Thank you for your help.