Re: PORTERS of Stonehaven

  • Jim Allan <thistleinn@shaw.ca>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2003
      Hi John,

      Sorry I'm a bit late answering your posting, but I
      thought I should reply with the following information,
      just in case you don't have it already. Here goes:

      THE KIRKYARD OF COWIE - St. Mary Of The Storms

      # 397
      In loving memory of DAVID PORTER tailor d. 26 Sept.
      1927 aged 68; his dau. HENRIETTA d. 21 Jan. 1898
      aged 2. His wife EDITH CADENHEAD d. 10 Feb. 1932 aged
      71. (Heart) Wee ETTA 1898

      There is also a reference to a JAMES W. PORTER in an
      advertisement in the book, "Picturesque Stonehaven
      1899" that says:

      JAMES W. PORTER
      Clochnahill Dairy
      Dairy Produce from the farm daily.