Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] KEMLO Family and a Place Name

  • Esther Handy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 30, 2003
      Hi Ian....would you happen to have the URL for the
      Kemlo site....TIA

      Esther
      essiemae@...

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
        Esther,

        Ian
        31 1 3

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
          Audrey,

          I was wondering if you had who their daughters married
          or any other information on them. Also do you have
          Robert or Ann's parents as I cannot find them. I have
          all Helen Kemlo's details one of their daughters and
          she married Alexander Gowan. Have a lot of information
          on the Gowans and can let you have this.

          Thanks,
          Jackie

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2003
            Hallo Jackie,

            I have:

            - Margaret Kemlo b.12 Jan 1773 m.Alex.Annandale 28 Nov.1797

            - Elizabeth b.27 Feb 1775m.William Gray 3 Aug 1793
            - Magdalene b. 1 Dec1782
            m. John Young, died young,
            buried Kinneff Churchyard
            - Sarah b.11 Dec 1792
            m.Alexander Carnegie

            Another sister married a ? Snow at a City of London Church
            whose records are held by Soc.Gen,someone once searched for
            me, but didn't trace anything. Robert Kemlo's father may
            have been Joseph Kemlo, not yet verified. I will continue
            searching my records and let you know if anything else
            comes to light.

            Best wishes
            Audrey

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2003
              Hi Audrey,

              According to the IGI, Elisabeth Kemlo was christened
              27 Feb 1785, Bervie, and her sister Jane Kemlo was
              christened 29 Apr 1775, Kinneff & Catterline.

              I agree that the transcribed marriage record does show
              Elisabeth Kemlo marrying William Gray 3 Aug 1793,
              Bervie, but she would have only been 8 years old unless
              there is a transcribing error in the christening
              records.

              If you've accessed the original OPR, can you provide
              the correct given name and date of christening for all
              eleven(?) daughters of Robert Kemlo & Anne Thom?

              Thanks,
              Ken Coull

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 31, 2003
                Hi Audrey Forbes,

                I am also descended from the same line. I am descended
                from Sarah Kemlo and Alexander Carnegie's daughter Mary
                Carnegie who married James Alexander 26 February 1842,
                Benholm.

                Do you wish to share info?

                Best wishes,
                Joelle Gilbert

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 5, 2003
                  Hi Joelle.....I too am related to the Kemlo's....Helen
                  as a matter of fact....she was one of Sarah's sister's
                  ....she married an Alexander Gowan....would you happen
                  to know when your Mary was married...& when they died?
                  ....Looking forward to hearing from you.

                  Regards,
                  Esther
                  essiemae@...