Silver Family of Stonehaven

  • williamhelfand@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2001
      I am interested in information on the
      Silver family of Stonehaven area prior to
      1700. My ancestor John Silver came to
      Burlington County, New Jersey in 1682
      with his brothers Archibald and James.
      One family researcher thought that they
      may be the sons of a William Silver of
      the Aberdeen/Stonehaven area who
      became a Quaker in 1669. Any help
      would be very much appreciated.
      Patricia Helfand
    • Jim Allan
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2001
        Hi Patricia,

        I'm afraid I haven't been able to go back as far as you are looking
        for on your SILVER line, but I do have a few family members with the
        SILVER surname from the early 1800's who were born nearby. It's a
        long shot that there is any connection, but I learnt a long time
        ago...never give up on a lead...it could lead to something you didn't
        even expect.

        CHEERS,

        Jim Allan
        (CANADA)

        Generation No. 1

        GEORGE SILVER married MARGARET ROBERTSON.

        Children: i.MARGARET2 SILVER, b. Abt. 1829, Banchory Devenick
        ii.WILLIAM SILVER, b. Abt. 1831, Banchory Devenick
        2. iii.DAVID SILVER, b. Abt. 1835, Banchory Devenick
        iv.ISOBEL SILVER, b. Abt. 1839, Banchory Devenick

        Generation No. 2

        Children of DAVID SILVER and MARGARET ALLAN.

        i.MARGARET3 SILVER, b. November 11, 1861, Portlethen
        ii.AMY JESSY SILVER, b. December 13, 1862, Portlethen
        iii.DAVID SILVER, b. April 7, 1864, Portlethen
        iv.GEORGE JAMES SILVER, b. December 16, 1865, Portlethen
        v.MARY SMITH SILVER, b. July 5, 1867, Portlethen
        vi.WILLIAM SILVER, b. July 4, 1871, Portlethen
        vii.JESSY SILVER, b. April 14, 1872, Portlethen
        viii.ALICE ALEXANDRA ALLAN SILVER, b. 1878, Comrie, Perthshire
        ix.JAMES SILVER, b. Abt. 1881, Comrie, Perthshire
      • williamhelfand@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2001
          Dear Jim,
          Thank you for the information. At this
          point, I don't think it helps but I will file
          it away for future use. I'm not sure, but
          I think I've been in touch with you before..
          Thanks again for the quick response.
          Patricia Helfand