Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] Ruined Mansion

  • davies2mof@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 12, 2003
      Audrey

      Then John Christie and I came to the same conclusion.
      It is the walled garden that used to be part of the
      estate of Dunottar House. What would you like to know
      about it?

      Ian Davies
      12 1 3

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 14, 2003
          Audrey

          There are local experts on the house and policies. I will
          see if I can find a written account. The house was
          demiloihsed in about 1952.

          Ian
          14 1 3

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 15, 2003
            Dunnottar House was built in 1806 and demolished in the
            1950's, It was demolished after 1952 Ian, as I was born
            in 53 and I can remember it as a riun and I would say it
            was early 60s before it was complietly demolished, the
            house was originally home of a branch of the Kennedy
            family from Ayrshire. I have just phoned my father and
            he was a message boy for Hugh Ramsays the drapers in
            Stonehaven from 1934-1936 and he used to do deliveries
            to the house and at that time in was occupied my a
            family called Ritchie.

            Regards John Christie