Transport from Aberdeen to Liverpool 1866

  • jeff2christie <christieclan@earthlink.ne
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2003
      I am doing a one-year certificate course in genealogy and
      social history at the University of Washington in Seattle.
      For my research subject and final paper I have chosen my
      husband's 3xgreat grandmother, Jane (Norrie) Shaw who was
      born in Aberdeen. In the 1850s she converted from Methodism
      to Mormonism and in 1866, at the age of 72, went to Utah as
      one of the Mormon Pioneers.

      In May 1866 with her daughter and two grandchildren she
      sailed from Liverpool on the ss Arkwright and then went by
      wagon train to Utah. Does anyone know how Jane Shaw would
      have traveled from Aberdeen to Liverpool? I am guessing
      that it would have been by train but I need to know for
      sure. Can anyone suggest books, etc. on this subject. Any
      help will be apreciated.

      All the best to you all for a healthy, happy and prosperous
      2003.

      From a very wet Seattle,
      Barbara and her eccentric Aberdonian husband, David