Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] GOVE Connection

  • Esther Handy
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 2002
      Hi there,

      My Gove's are inter-married into my Mowatt's &
      Lownie's....who are also inter-married in with
      our Mowatt's. I have a May Mowatt who married a
      John Gove (s/o Andrew Gove & Christian Lownie)
      their children ....Christina, David,(he mar.
      Mary Carr Coull, had one dau. May Mowatt Gove)
      Isabella, Robert, Marjory.

      Then I have a Jean Spence (Jane) Mouat she
      married a David Gove s/o David Gove & Mary
      Milne; their children David, Alexander, John,
      Jean, Margaret, Mary.

      The Gove's mentioned above are all from Bervie
      ...if you think there's a connection, which I
      think there is ie: John Gove who mar. May Mowatt
      Looking forward to hearing from you.

      Regards,
      Esther
      essiemae@...

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 27, 2002
        Esther,

        I have Andrew Gove & Christian Lownie as the
        parents of the David Gove who married Jean
        Spence Mowat 17 July 1859. The marriage
        certificate details provided to me are:

        17 Jul 1859 at Gourdon.

        David GOVE, age 44, fisherman.

        Father- Andrew GOVE, fisherman, dec'd.

        Mother- Christina GOVE m/s LOWNIE

        Spouse- Jane MOWAT, age 23, spinster.

        Father- James MOWAT, fisherman.

        Mother- Margaret MOWAT m/s DUNCAN

        Witnesses- Andrew & Alexander MOWAT

        What do others have?

        Ken

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 28, 2002
          Hi Esther

          Your last Gove information certainly added to
          my tree. Thanks so much.

          One of my g g Grandparents were David Gove and
          Mary Milne so your information re their son John
          was new and very interesting to me. Do you have
          any more 'info' on their children's marriages or
          descendants.

          I have the following birth / bapt dates for their
          children. Do you more?

          - Isabella Gove b 9 Dec 1832 Bervie
          - Alexander Gove b 2 Nov 1834 Bervie
          - David Gove b 15 January 1838 Gourdon Bervie
          - Mary Ann Anderson Gove b 29 July 1841 Bervie
          - Elizabeth Milne Gove b 12 December 1842 Bervie
          d 20 July 1882 in Dundee Scot
          married Alexander Macleod 2 December 1861 at
          Gourdon Bervie.

          These are my g grandparents and I have a quite
          large family descended from them if you are
          interested.

          Hope to hear from you.

          Best wishes from
          Merle
          Gosford NSW Australia

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 30, 2002
            Well...hello again....I am sending some info on Gove's
            ...hope they are helpful in your research.....I am
            researching Mouat/Mowat"s....but there are Gove's
            married into my line...that's why I have this info...
            May Mouat mar. John Gove (s/o Andrew Gove 1776-1845 &
            Christian Lownie - 1776-1860) on Oct.15 1847 in Bervie
            KCD...John was chr. Dec.12,1818 in Bervie, he died
            Dec.04,1891 in Gourdon(retired fisherman)....they had
            four children....Christina born March 01,1850 in Bervie
            she died Aug.08,1932 in Bervie. She mar. David Coull.
            David born Feb.12,1852 Bervie KCD...Isabella born
            Nov.10,1854 Bervie, died Jan.29,1921 in Bervie she
            mar. Robert Gouck on Nov.08,1878 in Bervie..and
            Marjory born April 08,1864 in Bervie.

            David (above) mar.Mary Carr Coull (d/o Wm. Coull &
            Ann Wylie) they were mar. Feb.28,1879 in Bervie....
            Mary was born Aug.25,1855 in Bervie, died Nov.06,1903
            in Gourdon (age 48 yrs) they had one child....May
            Mowatt Gove born Sept.18,1884 in Bervie.

            Jean Spence (Jane) Mouat b.1836 d.May 12,1916 in
            Bervie mar. David Gove b.April 21,1815 in Gourdon
            d.May 06,1885 in Gourdon s/o Andrew Gove (1776-1845)
            & Christian Lownie (1776-1860) on July 17,1859 Bervie
            they had six children...David (storekeeper) born
            April 25,1860 in Bervie he mar. Mary Anderson on
            Nov. 17,1905 at Gourdon......Alexander b.May 09,1863
            in Gourdon d. March 20,1925 he mar. Elizabeth
            Middleton, (domestic servant) on Oct.11,1889 at
            Gourdon (witness David Gove & Mary Douglas)...John b.
            January 03,1866 in Gourdon d. April 14,1924 he was 58.
            He had mar. Ann Alexander.

            Jean (Jane) b.Oct.28,1868 in Gourdon d. March 17,1908
            in Gourdon she was 39, she mar. John Gove Stephen
            ...Margaret b.Sept.20,1872 in Fetteresso.......and
            finally Mary b.January 31, 1874 in Gourdon.

            Well, unfortunately all good things must come to an
            end...good job I don't have to pay for postage (haha)
            I really hope this helps in your research...good luck
            ....and happy holidays

            Esther
            essiemae@...

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 30, 2002
              Hi Ken,

              You're right...I have the same info....slip up on my
              part....I stand corrected.

              Happy holidays,
              Esther
              essiemae@...