Caledonia

  • Ewan Steed
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      Good evening

      As promised I am writing to inform you that my wife
      and I have updated ‘Caledonia Routes’ website on the
      31 October.

      As you will see we will be introducing two new pages
      starting next month entitled ‘Any Questions?’ and
      ‘Book Reviews and Useful Sources’.

      It is hoped that by introducing these two pages we
      will encourage people to ‘logon’ and participate.

      ‘Any Questions’ will encourage people to write in
      and ask questions perhaps relating to Family History,
      Travel, Accommodation, etc

      ‘Book Reviews and Useful Sources’ will include reviews of books and useful
      sources that might be useful as background reading for those researching
      family history or, indeed, travel or other related subjects and again we are
      hoping for active participation. Perhaps, someone may have read a book, etc
      that they found particularly useful or interesting?

      You may be interested to know that one further development we have planned
      is the launching in January of a further new page that will be entitled
      ‘Features’. This will be announced in December and we envisage that this
      page should act as a ‘foil’ to the ‘Historical Images’ page in that it will
      feature articles based on modern day life in Scotland.

      No particulr format is planned at this stage however, when we approached one
      of our B & B establishments he consented to having an article published on
      his business and this will feature in January’s issue of the ‘Caledonia
      Routes’ website.

      Ewan has asked me to write to you and ask if you think anyone within your
      group may be interested in writing an article? It could be about their
      town, the history of their town or a ‘colourful character’ – local or
      otherwise.

      A maximum of 500 words will suffice in the first instance with any chosen
      photographs. However, if the article is any longer…… I would ask that it
      is emailed to me as there are ‘ …….. only so many days in a week’. Only
      joking, but space will be at a premium as I am sure you will realise there
      will be other things we will be including?

      We would love to hear from you ……

      Best regards,
      Ewan and Patricia

      Genealogy/Family History at www.ancestryroots.co.uk