Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] Lashley Family

  • davies2mof@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2002
      Kevin

      There are no Lashleys in the NE Scotland, or
      Aberdeen phone books. All the UK phone
      directories can be searched at:

      www.bt.co.uk

      Truman and Abner are very rare first names in
      the UK now. I know of nobody with either name.

      Ian Davies
      13 10 2

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2002
        Hi all,

        Lashley is an uncommon corruption of the surname
        Leslie. Whether there were any Lashley's around
        Stonehaven, I cannot say.

        Barrie Leslie.
        Sydney Australia.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 15, 2002
          Hi James,

          I was wondering what your connection to the Barrie
          family might be. Do you have any relatives with
          Barrie as a last name? My ggrandmother's maiden
          name was Barrie but she was born closer to Dundee
          than Stonehaven.Barrie has been a family name, my
          grandmother's name was Jessie Barrie Greig and my
          sister's name is Barrie Jean.

          Thanks,
          Lorrie
        • James Barrie Leslie
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 15, 2002
            Hi Lorrie,

            Sorry. My name Barrie was a revolt against family
            tradition by my mother and she called me James
            Barrie after James Barrie of Peter Pan and Wendy
            fame.

            Regards.
            Barrie.