Yahoo ID For Group Site

  • James Barrie Leslie
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2002
      Hi Jim,

      I am having trouble logging onto the Stonehaven
      Genealogy Yahoo site as I do not have a password.

      Regards.
      Barrie Leslie.

      --------------------------------

      Hi Barrie,

      Thanks for your email. For you or any other member
      who is having the same problem:

      To enter the Stonehaven Genealogy Web Site, you must
      have a YAHOO ID & PASSWORD. As some members may have
      unknowingly joined the Group as EMAIL ONLY Members,
      they too will not be able to enter the Site until
      they apply for an ID. Probably the easiest way for
      you do get your own ID & Password, is to click on
      the link below which will take you to the Home Page
      of the site. Once there, simply click on:

      Not a member? Join This Group!
      (located just above the Group Logo)

      When the next page comes up on your screen click on:

      Sign up now to enjoy Yahoo! Groups
      (located on the left just under--New to Yahoo!?)

      This will bring up another page with the application
      form on it. Choose an ID that you would like to use
      + a Password and then follow the other instructions
      that follow. I've heard from a couple of people over
      the past year that the application may differ slightly
      depending on where you are applying from, but all in
      all it is fairly simple. Remember, to get a Yahoo ID
      & Password it is absolutely "FREE" to you as is
      Stonehaven Genealogy for you to use and for me to
      create it. If you feel uncomfortable filling in any
      of the questions, simply ignore them or put in an
      alias, etc. If you or any other member has any
      troubles with the application please feel free to
      contact me dorectly and I will see if I can help.

      You can reach me at:

      thistleinn@...

      If you do decide to get a Yahoo ID, could you please
      contact me as well, so that I can delete your EMAIL
      ONLY membership. I hope this answers your question
      and please let me know if it helped or not so that I
      can keep it on file for the next time someone asks me.

      Take care and GODD LUCK.

      STONEHAVEN GENEALOGY:

      Jim Allan, Moderator