Christies of Skateraw Norse Vikings

  • Stuart Christie
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2002
      Christies of Skateraw Norse Vikings — Official!

      According to Oxford Ancestors' database my Christie Y-Line
      genetic code 16,13, 24, 11, 11, 13, 10, 17, 12, 11 is one
      they recognise as being Viking. For a Y-Line chromosome to
      qualify as Viking, it must be common in Norway and very rare
      in those parts of Britain not influenced by Norse Vikings
      (Hegalson et al., 'Estimating Scandinavian and gaelic
      ancestry in the male settlers in Iceland.' American Journal
      of Human Genetics, Vol 67, pp717, 2000). The genetic
      signature of my Y-chromosome is inherited, virtually
      unaltered, from my father, Albert Christie 1915-1974, my
      grandfather, John Christie (1870-1951), my great grandfather,
      Andrew Christie (1832-1880), Gt. gt, grandfather, Andrew
      Christie (1809-1882) Gt. Gt .gt grandfather William Christie
      (b17??) and from his paternal ancestors down through the ages.

      The chart can be seen on
      http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/c/h/r/Stuart-Christie/

      It would be useful and interesting to compare the
      Y-chromosomes of other Christies and Skateraw families.
      According to Professor Bryan Sykes of Oxford Ancestors
      Y-chromosomes do follow surnames and that there is a good
      likelihood all Christies share a common ancestor.

      Stuart Christie
      www.christiebooks.com