Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] Poll Tax

  • Jennifer Ryan
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27, 2002
      Dear Beverly:

      The only help I can give you is to refer you to someone who
      was most helpful in my attempts to track down the whereabouts
      of Barclay of Urie estate papers - her name is Carolyn L.
      Barclay FSA Scot, Genealogist Clan Barclay International
      at the email address:

      barclaygendata@...

      I am not actually researching the Barclay genealogy, rather
      trying to ascertain whether they owned the land some of my
      ancestors were tenants on in the 18th century in Crawton,
      Dunottar, Kincardineshire. I got her information from the
      Clan Barclay website at:

      www.clanbarclay.com

      Good luck Jennifer