Re: [Stonehaven Genealogy] Poll Tax

  • bibamax@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27, 2002
      Dear Jennifer,

      Having read your E mail in which you refer to the Barclays
      of Ury, I was wondering if you might be able to help me as
      I believe they are my ancestors but am having trouble coming
      up with concrete evidence.

      My grandfather Robert Kenneth Wallace Barclay was born in
      Banchory 1882 - 1885, as yet I cannot trace a birth
      certificate. His fathers name was also Robert Barclay and
      his mothers sirname was Drummond, she was from Perth. This
      is little to go on and I am struggling to get any further
      at the moment. Could you help or advise?

      Any information would be fantastic!

      Thankyou

      Regards
      Beverley Barclay
    • Jennifer Ryan
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 27, 2002
        Dear Beverly:

        The only help I can give you is to refer you to someone who
        was most helpful in my attempts to track down the whereabouts
        of Barclay of Urie estate papers - her name is Carolyn L.
        Barclay FSA Scot, Genealogist Clan Barclay International
        at the email address:

        barclaygendata@...

        I am not actually researching the Barclay genealogy, rather
        trying to ascertain whether they owned the land some of my
        ancestors were tenants on in the 18th century in Crawton,
        Dunottar, Kincardineshire. I got her information from the
        Clan Barclay website at:

        www.clanbarclay.com

        Good luck Jennifer