RE: Mortcloths

  • Kay and Greg Blackburn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 1946
      Hello all

      I too am interested in Mortcloth Records. Is the LDS FHC
      the only place where these records can be accessed.

      Regards Greg in Raumati New Zealand
    • drumsleed
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 1946
        Aberdeen and North East Scotland Family History Society
        have a complete pre 1855 Burial Index for Aberdeen,
        Aberdeenshire and Kincardineshire. This is essentially
        a collation of all the death entries appearing in Old
        Parish Records.

        There were significant differences between parishes in
        terms of their policies towards recording deaths. In
        general terms records are very poor, but as you get nearer
        to the commencement of civil registration (1855) there is
        a general improvement.

        In order to get access to the index you will need to either
        join ANESFHS or get some kind member to do a look-up for you.

        It is well worth checking out all known siblings because if
        any one of them survived beyond 1855 you can then get the
        parent information you are looking for from Scots Origins

        Drummie