Mortcloth

  • Fionapaton@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hi everyone,

      Does anyone happen to know if records exist for use of Mortcloth
      for St Cyrus Parish or for Bervie? If so how can one access the
      info?

      BFN from sunny Norfolk.
      Fiona
    • Esther Handy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
        Hi...no records exist for Bervie Parish (parish # 254) for
        Mortcloth & for St.Cyrus Parish # 267 only buriel records
        are available from the OPR office.....the film #'s for St.
        Cyrus buriel records are # 102575 filmed in 1951 and film
        # 993325 filmed in 1981 these films cover the period from
        1783-1790 buriels in St. Cyrus Parish...sorry I couldn't be
        of more help good luck in your search....

        Esther
        essiemae@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
          Access the parish records from your nearest Family History
          Centre sponsored by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday
          Saints. Look up their phone number in your local phone book.

          Good Luck!

          Jennifer from sunny Adelaide

          NOTE: You can also go to the following link to do a search
          for the Family History Centre nearest you:

          http://familysearch.com/Eng/Library/FHC/frameset_fhc.asp

          CHEERS,

          Jim Allan, Moderator

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2002
            Hi everyone,

            Many thanks to those who kindly contacted me about the lack
            of mortcloth records for St Cyrus. I was rather hoping there
            might be some as I my ancestor John Johnston died, probably
            in St Cyrus between 1841 - 1845 and I'm blowed if I can track
            down the exact date. Of course he might have gone off somewhere
            else to die <BG> and then it will be back to the old drawing
            board.

            Thanks again.
            Fiona